Saturday, November 20, 2010

What a Week

Last week ended with a very sick daughter and this week began with her still sick, proceeded to a sick little boy, and then the grown ups got it.  One night, when L-man was sick, I didn't sleep for 23 hours.  I just got off of a 32 hour sleeping jag with few breaks. 

It's been a looong week.  We lost a family friend to cancer this week and people all around me were losing friends and family members too.  So much loss in one week.  Revising took a backseat. Sometimes real life just pulls all your attention away from other things.

I did make it to critique group the night before I got really sick myself.  Group was good.  I've completely altered the prologue and it's for the best.  My favorite comment of the night was, "Now I want to read the rest of the book."  Yay!

Well, that's that for now.  I'm trying to incorporate the minor changes back into the text, but I'm not all together better from the flu bug.  We'll see how it goes.

Happy thanksgiving to all!
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you're sick, Amanda. I hope you and the rest of your family are all better real soon.

    I've just added you to my NCW blogroll to remind me to come back often.

    ReplyDelete

.