Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Revise, revise, revise

It took twenty-six revisions of my master's degree project to get me out of CSU, so it should not surprise me that this book has hit about revision number 40 this week. 

I have to say, again, I love you beta readers.  And you're so sweet to worry about hurting my feelings!  Hit me with your best shot, it only makes the book better.  Most of the reviewers are done, and their comments are almost all integrated in some fashion into the book.  There are very few that I didn't act upon.  Most had an impact.

I have more to do: a bit more refinement, a bit more integration, a bit more transition work, etc.  Still,  I'm so much closer than I was before.  Next time you read a book, think about how many times it must have been written before that author got his or her book into your hands!

I won't complain anymore.  It's the work required, and it's worthwhile, but it's still a lot of work and it all happens late at night when the kids are in bed. 

Happy Thanksgiving - I'm thankful for everyone supporting my writing efforts! Maybe by this time next year there will be a book in your hands that came from my heart!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

.