Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Glossary A Go Go or Your Guide to Acronym Hell

Hi all! One of the hardest parts of Informed Consent has been to balance the medi-tech info with the personal narrative.  I've read ever so many memoirs in the past two years to prepare me for this task.  I don't like the medi-memoir - the book that's all about the disease instead of the experience.  Yet some of that information is important to help understand the story and the transformation.

More than one beta reader suggested a glossary, so it has begun.  I am working on glossary entries to append to the book.  Wow,  I know a lot about Congenital Heart Disease (CHD).  There's s lot I don't know, but it's a balance, and this book is mainly about experience over expertise.  Anyway, that's where I'm at.

I hope to have all beta reader comments in by the end of November and a final draft turned out after my Christmas vacation.  If anyone wants to be a second string beta reader, watch for the call for help! I'll need people to read the book and glossary and tell me what's missing.  So much work this book writing thing is - channeling my inner Yoda.

Thanks for reading my blog.  Please remember to SHARE the love and get as many of your friends contaminated with the social media virus as you can!  Every RSS feed is a step closer to a real book from a virtual aspiration.

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. KUdos to you Amanda for following through and completing this book, I know a lot of work goes into writing a book like that. I Look forward to reading it. I have started writing a book too, I'm not sure how long it will take to finish it, it will be a family perspective on dealing with the trials since the diagnosis of a CHD. Good luck I hope the book does well & sells off of the shelf.

    ReplyDelete

.